Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Shrine of the Silver Monkey

All right. I don't even know what got me started on this, but I loved Nickelodeon when I was a kid, and my favorite show by far was "Legends of the Hidden Temple." GREATEST SHOW EVER. I always wanted to be on it (and on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, but we'll discuss that later) and I was always extremely ticked off when kids sucked at it. I was especially mad when they got all the way to the temple at the end, and couldn't put together that stupid silver monkey. It's got 3 freaking pieces. How hard can it be??? I mean come on!

So I've got two videos:

The first one is an entire temple run. A must watch, especially to refresh yourself so you can fully understand the second one.





All righty, and now for the real killer.

Nobody can seriously be this retarded. You have to listen to Kirk's (the host) comments about this kid. What a reject.

Oh yeah, and if this frustrated you as much as it did me, here is the facebook group to let out your rage.

7 comments:

John Richards said...

The contest shows on Nickelodeon were a regular feature of my TV watching. Also included from Nickelodeon were Salute Your Shorts, probably the best show that has ever been made, along with Hey Dude and All That (a great use of time on Saturday nights).

Anonymous said...

I know, right? How hard can it flippin' be!?

@emllewellyn said...

Drew. This was the greatest show ever, other than Guts!, which was also great but lacked the draw of a talking stone god. Apparently Guts! is being revamped and will start airing again this fall, but that's probably because they knew they couldn't replace the charm of the original "Legends of the Hidden Temple." I mean, right?

W. A. Sandholtz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
W. A. Sandholtz said...

this video begs the question:
Who's the real monkey?

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Drew, I didn't realize you were updating your blog. Cameron and I just spent the last 9 minutes laughing at this. We both loved it as kids and the comments on that facebook group are HILARIOUS.

Jen said...

Also, Alex Mack was a personal favorite of mine. And I wanted to be Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it All. Let's just say I felt a kinship with her and her know-it-all-ness.